We-Ko-Pa Golf Club - Saguaro Course
Fort McDowell, AZ 85264
The Saguaro course at We-Ko-Pa Golf Club is one of the newer golf courses in Scottsdale’s golf resort corridor, having opened at the beginning of 2006. A Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw design, it’s not a golf course where you can swing hesitantly: You need to be sure of your golf shots, and commit to them. Fairways and greens are maintained in excellent condition, and it’s a walker’s dream of a golf course.
The Saguaro course at We-Ko-Pa Golf Club is one of the newer golf courses in Scottsdale’s golf resort corridor, and it is already trying to set itself apart from the pack with its Speed Carts.
That’s right, this Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw design is made for walking, and these remote-controlled carts takes the concept of the Old School pull carts to the next level. They’re like a Segway for your golf clubs.
Gimmicks aside, the Saguaro is a stern test in Arizona golf, a course where you need to commit to each shot you hit. There are holes, like No. 6, when you are shooting directly uphill. There are holes, like No. 16, that hug the desert on every turn. There are holes, like No. 14, that literally have a split personality: In this case, a fairway split in two by huge cacti, giving golfers perhaps the most obviously risk-reward shot on the golf course.
Saguaro’s greens are excellently maintained, as is the rest of the course. It’s sometimes hard to remember you’re in the middle of the desert.
At same facility
- Scottsdale-area Saguaro lives up to We-Ko-Pa Golf Club pedigree
- Original Cholla at We-Ko-Pa Golf Club near Scottsdale, Arizona is no backup to heralded Saguaro Course
- Step up to the tee on the Saguaro Course at We-Ko-Pa Golf Club in Scottsdale
- We-Ko-Pa Golf Club's Saguaro Course in Scottsdale
- We-Ko-Pa Golf Club near Scottsdale offers tranquility and a great 36-hole experience
- At We-Ko-Pa Golf Club near Scottsdale, the Cholla and Saguaro Courses battle for bragging rights
- Gallery: Tour the Saguaro Course at We-Ko-Pa Golf Club, one of Scottsdale, Arizona's elite layouts
Golf course details
- Holes: 18
- Designed by: Ben Crenshaw, Bill Coore
- Public/Private: Public/Resort
- Year opened: 2006
- Golf Season: Year round
- Guest Policy: Open
- Tee times welcomed: Yes
- Fairways: Bermuda Grass
- Greens: TiffDwarf Grass
- Pro in house: Yes
- Driving range: Yes
- Rental clubs: Yes
- Rental carts: Yes
Green fees price ranges
- Week days: $45 - $235
- Weekends: $45 - $235
- Metal spikes allowed: No
- Dress code: Collared shirt required
- Credit cards accepted:
Length, slope and rating for each tee