Troon North Golf Club - Monument Course
Scottsdale, Arizona 85255
The Monument course is widely considered Troon North’s signature course, a 7,028-yard test that winds through desert replete with arroyos, natural washes, huge saguaros, mesquite and ironweed. The fairways are lush and well-maintained, and the greens are large and tricky. Many tees are set like pedestals perched above the fairways.
Many have said the blueprint for desert golf was made when Tom Weiskopf and Jay Morrish designed the Monument course at Troon North back in 1989.
The Monument stretches to 7,028 yards from the tips and has a par of 72. Just like neighboring Pinnacle, the Monument winds through desert replete with arroyos, natural washes, huge saguaros, mesquite and ironweed. The course has lush green fairways, some hidden behind boulders, along with high-lipped bunkers and mounds. Then there are the huge, tricky greens that befuddle and amaze first-timers. Many tees are set like pedestals perched above the fairways.
The Monument is the original course at Troon North. Its par-5 "Monument" hole is one of the most memorable and intriguing holes on the golf course. The tee shot requires you to dodge a giant boulder placed in the middle of the landing zone on the drive. Construction crews tried to remove this "monument" many times but were never successful.
At same facility
- Capture the Country Club Feeling at Scottsdale's Troon North Golf Club
- Troon North Golf Club: Monument, Pinnacle Set Sonoran Target Standards
- The Monument course at Troon North Golf Club in Scottsdale: An ode to golf across the pond
- Gallery: The Monument Course at Troon North Golf Club: A top Scottsdale-area gem
Golf course details
- Holes: 18
- Designed by: Jay Morrish, Tom Weiskopf
- Public/Private: Semi-Private
- Year opened: 1990
- Golf Season: Year round
- Guest Policy: Open
- Tee times welcomed: Yes
- Fairways: Bermuda grass
- Greens: Bent Grass
- Pro in house: Yes
- Driving range: Yes
- Rental clubs: Yes
- Rental carts: Yes
Green fees price ranges
- Week days: $99 - $245
- Weekends: $115 - $295
- Tee times from $26 - Check prices
- Metal spikes allowed: No
- Dress code: Collared shirt required, no denim
- Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed
Length, slope and rating for each tee