TPC Scottsdale - The Stadium Course
While the PGA Tour only uses the TPC of Scottsdale for one week, the Stadium course maintains top-notch playing conditions for most of the year.
The added beauty of the Stadium course is its playability. Just ask Mark Calcavecchia, who set PGA Tour records during the 2001 Phoenix Open for the most birdies in a 72-hole tournament (32) and the lowest four-round total of 28-under par 256.
The superb condition, along with the 27 Tour pros who call the course home, its elite practice facilities (that also houses the Nicklaus / Flick Game Improvement clinics) and the warm winter weather help bring the top golfers out to the desert each year.
Trouble comes in the form of 72 bunkers that are deep and strategically placed in the fairways and around the greens, which are rather large but feature many tricky twists and turns and run fast. Desert vegetation- such as saguaro cacti, mesquite and Palo Verde trees - are scattered about the course and water comes into play on six of the holes, including three of the last four.
This closing stretch is what really makes this course fun - for golfers or spectators. Eagles and birdies are possible down the stretch but bogeys and doubles are more common.
At same facility
- TPC of Scottsdale: Play Where the Pros Play
- After the PGA Tour crowds leave, golf remains fun at the TPC Scottsdale's Stadium Course
- Stadium Course at TPC Scottsdale: Still rowdy after all these years
- Roll where the PGA Tour plays in Arizona: TPC Scottsdale's Stadium Course
- TPC Scottsdale: More than just the host of the Waste Management Phoenix Open
- Gallery: TPC Scottsdale Stadium Course -- Tweaked and a little tougher, but still fun
Golf course details
- Holes: 18
- Designed by: Jay Morrish, Tom Weiskopf
- Public/Private: Resort
- Year opened: 1986
- Golf Season: Year round
- Guest Policy: Open
- Tee times welcomed: Yes - 90 days in advance
- Fairways: TiffDwarf Grass
- Greens: TiffDwarf Grass
- Pro in house: Yes
- Driving range: Yes
- Rental clubs: Yes
- Rental carts: Yes - included in green fees
Green fees price ranges
- Week days: $63 - $299
- Weekends: $63 - $299
- Tee times from $159 - Check prices
- Metal spikes allowed: No
- Dress code: Collared shirt required, no denim
- Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed
Length, slope and rating for each tee