SunRidge Canyon Golf Club
SunRidge Canyon Golf Club's beautiful layout winds among the foothills the McDowell Mountains. Nestled between the canyon walls, it at times seems like the missing piece to a beautiful golf course puzzle that evolved over millions of years in the Sonoran Desert.
SunRidge Canyon Golf Club's beautiful layout winds up and down the foothills of the McDowell Mountains. Nestled among canyon walls, the golf course can seem like the missing piece to a beautiful golf course puzzle that evolved during millions of years in the Sonoran Desert.
Keith Foster designed the golf course in 1995, making use of the course’s natural views and intertwining pristine fairways with strategically-placed hazards and leading many of them down to undulating greens.
The final six holes are appropriately dubbed the "Wicked Six" for their difficult climb up the canyon and the wicked wind that normally blows against golfers, setting up a daunting finish.
The fairways are narrow, and the desert – which is full of cacti, brush, boulders and wildflowers – creeps close to the fairways at many points throughout the course.
Danger also lurks among other gullies, sand and grass bunkers, four lakes, and a nasty desert wash that snakes through the back nine. Homes are kept at a distance and never intrude on the golf course, though they do provide fortunate residents with magnificent views of the Red, McDowell, Superstition and Four Peaks mountains that surround the golf course.
- SunRidge Canyon Golf Club: Sonoran Desert Provides Incredible Backdrop
- SunRidge Canyon keeping pace with Fountain Hills golf scene
- Views, one-shotters and closing holes make SunRidge worthwhile
- SunRidge Canyon Golf Club, just northeast of Phoenix, is a shot maker's test - with bite
- Gallery: What goes down must come up at SunRidge Canyon Golf Club near Scottsdale
- New ownership and Jim McLean Academy gives new life to SunRidge Canyon Golf Club in Fountain Hills
- Gallery: SunRidge Canyon Golf Club just northeast of Scottsdale, Arizona is demanding and picturesque
- Gallery: SunRidge Canyon golf course in Fountain Hills, Arizona has new greens, a few softer features
- Canyons and mountains star at scenic SunRidge Canyon Golf Club in Fountain Hills, Arizona
Golf course details
- Holes: 18
- Designed by: Keith Foster
- Public/Private: Public
- Year opened: 1995
- Golf Season: Year round
- Guest Policy: Open
- Tee times welcomed: Yes
- Fairways: Bermuda Grass
- Greens: Champion ultradwarf Bermudagrass
- Pro in house: Yes
- Driving range: Yes
- Rental clubs: Yes
- Rental carts: Yes - included in green fees
Green fees price ranges
- Week days: $100 - $150
- Weekends: $115 - $170
- Tee times from $29 - Check prices
- Metal spikes allowed: No
- Dress code: Collared shirt required, no denim
- Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed
Length, slope and rating for each tee