Grayhawk Golf Club - Talon Course
Talon, designed by former PGA and U.S. Open Champion David Graham and architect Gary Panks, opened in 1991 measuring 6,973 yards at par-72. It's ranked No. 64 on Golf Magazine's "Top 100 You Can Play List."
On the Talon front nine, the par-5, 465-yard third hole, which doglegs left, is appropriately called the "Three Sisters" for the intimidating, deep bunkers, which are walled with wooden planks to the right of the green. But the back nine, with three potential water holes, fives holes over box canyons and a waterfall on No. 18, is where this course earns its high marks. The par-3 11th hole, "Swinging Bridge," requires you to fly a bunker to a long, narrow green with a panoramic view of the mountains in the background. "Heaven or Hell," the par-4 13th, is a mere 277 yards, but your tee shot must carry a box canyon and stay out of eight strategically placed bunkers.
Club representative and nearby Arizona State grad Phil Mickelson is honored here with "Phil's Grill" at the clubhouse as well as a PGA leader board with his score permanently posted no matter where he stands in the current tournament.
At same facility
- Grayhawk Golf Club has redefined daily fee golf in the Valley
- Grayhawk Golf Club: Talon, Raptor Designs Pose Many Chances for Ambush
- Grayhawk Talon Course: No. 13 - "Heaven or Hell"
- Be Like Phil at Scottsdale's Grayhawk Golf Club
- No second fiddle: The Talon at Grayhawk Golf Club holds its own among the best courses in Scottsdale
- Cream of the crop: Grayhawk Golf Club's Talon and Raptor courses in Scottsdale, Arizona
Golf course details
- Holes: 18
- Designed by: Graham & Parks International
- Public/Private: Public
- Year opened: 1994
- Golf Season: Year round
- Guest Policy: Open
- Tee times welcomed: Yes
- Fairways: Tifdwarf Grass
- Greens: Bent Grass
- Pro in house: Yes
- Driving range: Yes
- Rental clubs: Yes
- Rental carts: Yes - included in green fees
Green fees price ranges
- Week days: $125
- Weekends: $190
- Metal spikes allowed: No
- Dress code: Collared shirt required
- Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed
Length, slope and rating for each tee