Verrado Golf Club - Founders Course
Buckeye, Arizona 85396
Verrado Golf Club - Founders Course is an upscale desert layout designed by John Fought and Tom Lehman that opened for public play in January 2004. John Fought and Tom Lehman collaborated on the course at Verrado Golf Club, a voluptuous design that meanders through the old Caterpillar bulldozer proving grounds.
John Fought and Tom Lehman collaborated on the course at Verrado Golf Club, a voluptuous design that meanders through the old Caterpillar bulldozer proving grounds. It is up and down for 18 holes, but that does not mean pitch and putt. The course is a good test with chances to score and a handful of memorable and scenic holes.
Where the Verrado golf course will eat you alive is in its bunkers: Some bunkers are hard to carry, while others collect wayward shots. But the fairways are wide enough to avoid trouble, and what appears to be the safe shot off the tee will often bring greenside bunkers more into play. So pick your poison.
While the back nine is far superior to the front, going out still has its fair share of memorable holes. A huge boulder 30-feet tall on the par-4 eighth juts out from the left side around which the fairway shapes itself. A perfect line from the tee box is to take the ball five yards right off its edge, but hitting the boulder is certain death by desert. The boulder was scheduled to crumble via dynamite, but stood up to the TNT and was deemed an immoveable object. Open and playable for all skill levels, the Verrado Golf Club is a sublime experience.
At same facility
- Raven Golf Club at Verrado - Phoenix-Scottsdale
- The Raven at Verrado gives desert golf a shot in the arm
- Out-of-the-way Raven Golf Club at Verrado rewards West Valley day-trippers
- Raven Golf Club at Verrado in Buckeye, Arizona: Well worth the drive from Scottsdale
- You can see for miles -- literally -- at Raven Golf Club at Verrado just west of Phoenix, Arizona
Golf course details
- Holes: 18
- Designed by: John Fought, Tom Lehman
- Public/Private: Public
- Year opened: 2004
- Golf Season: Year round
- Guest Policy: Open
- Tee times welcomed: Yes
- Fairways: Bermuda Grass
- Greens: Bermuda Grass
- Pro in house: Yes
- Driving range: Yes
- Rental clubs: Yes
- Rental carts: Yes
Green fees price ranges
- Week days: $29 - $129
- Weekends: $29 - $129
- Tee times from $32 - Check prices
- Metal spikes allowed: No
- Dress code: Collared shirt and bermuda shorts required. No denim.
- Credit cards accepted:
Length, slope and rating for each tee